: Environmental Engineering, Atmospheric pollution - climate and health impacts, Environmental Impact Assessment, Emission Sources and sustainable mitigation of atmospheric pollution
1. Develop strategies for sustainable pollution mitigation measures.
2. Forecast pollution features over India and its impact on weather, climate, and agriculture.
3 .Create awareness of harmful effects of pollution and efforts towards building a healthy, safe and sustainable living.
1. Measurement of Atmospheric aerosols:
Aim: Measure aerosols chemical, physical, optical properties utilised for aerosol characteristics, source contributions, satellite-based validation, model validation, developing strategies to improving aerosol prediction in models
2. Modelling Aerosols-Climate-Health Interactions: Application of Chemical transport models, General circulation models and Weather forecast models.
Aim: Aerosol simulation experiments to assess-
• Chemical and optical properties, their radiative impacts
• Aerosols transport and distribution
• Impact on hydrological cycle
• Exposure and health impacts
• Emission sources and sustainable mitigation of atmospheric pollution.