Ongoing Project: Electrorheological Fluids, Flow Behavior and Applications ISIRD grant (IIT Kharagpur), 28Lakhs.
The major research areas which I will explore in recent future are:
1) Rheology of soft-glassy-materials and Electrorheological (ER) fluids.
2) Modeling of Soft-Glassy-Rheology behavior (SGR model).
3) Drainage behavior of free standing liquid thin films of polymeric liquids.
4) Exploiting ER/GER fluids for Lab-on-a-chip technology.
The various research fronts under the above mentioned research domains are described below.
- Elongational flow of Electrorheological Fluids.
- Giant Electrorheological effect (synthesis of GER particles).
- Flow of ER fluids under confinement (investigating the spatial cooperativity)
- Rheology of molecularly thin liquid-film (Surface-Force-Balance technique).
Drainage behavior of Liquid Thin films of polymeric liquids:
- Modeling of drainage in free standing liquid thin films of polymeric liquids
- Understanding the long-term stability (in terms of life-time) of liquid thin films of polymeric liquid (role of structural forces/disjoining pressure in molecularly thin regime)
- Role of molecular structure towards long term stability of liquid thin films.
-What sets the initial thickness of a films? (effect of various physical parameters: surface tension, viscosity, film-pulling speed)
-checking the possibility of very stable liquid thin film as nano-reactors.
Analyzing aging under oscillatory strain field through the soft glassy rheology model by Kaushal M., Joshi Y. The Journal of chemical physics 144 (24), 244504 - (2016)
Passive microrheology in the effective time domain: analyzing time dependent colloidal dispersions by Vyas B., Orpe A. , Kaushal M. , Joshi Y. Soft matter 12 (39), 8167-8176 - (2016)
Linear viscoelasticity of soft glassy materials by Kaushal M., Joshi Y. Soft Matter 10 (12), 1891-1894 - (2014)
Validation of effective time translational invariance and linear viscoelasticity of polymer undergoing cross-linking reaction by Kaushal M., Joshi Y. Macromolecules 47 (22), 8041-8047 - (2014)
Tailoring relaxation time spectrum in soft glassy materials by Kaushal M., Joshi Y. The Journal of chemical physics 139 (2), 024904 - (2013)
Shear mediated elongational flow and yielding in soft glassy materials by Shaukat A., Kaushal M. , Sharma A. , Joshi Y. Soft Matter 8 (39), 10107-10114 - (2012)
Self-similarity in electrorheological behavior by Kaushal M., Joshi Y. Soft Matter 7 (19), 9051-9060 - (2011)
Electrorheological Fluids : Flow Behavior and Applications ISIRD, SRIC