Home > Academics > Academic Units > Faculty of Bio-Technology and Bio-Sciences (BTBS) > Centre of Excellence in Affordable Healthcare
Centre of Excellence in Affordable Healthcare is a new CoE set up at IIT Kharagpur in March, 2023.
The aim of the CoE is to make healthcare accessible, available and efficient. It provides an interdisciplinary plaform to pull the expertize and resources and work for a common goal.
To start with, the CoE would engage in:
- Creation of intellectual property, technology transfer and licensing
- Creation of research infrastructure and facilities
- National and internataional research and academic collaborations
- National and international industry collaborations, consulting, advisory, training
- Participation in government, policy and standard organizations
The Vice-Chairperson of the CoE is Dr. Soumen Das, Professor & Head, School of Medical Science and Technology.
The steering committee of the CoE consists of following members.
1. Dr. Pranab Kumar Dutta, Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engineering; Associate Dean, Faculty of Engineering & Architecture; Ex-Head, Dept. of Electrical Engineering; Ex-Head, School of Medical Science & Technology
2. Dr. Cheruvu Siva Kumar, Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering; Head, Rajendra Mishra School of Engineering Entrepreneurship; President, Institute Innovation Council
3. Dr. Sudipta Mukhopadhyay, Professor, Dept. of Electronics & ECE; Abdul Kalam Tech. Innovation Fellow; CII Startupreneur Award in Manufacturing; National Award for Technology Start-Ups
4. Dr. Pabitra Mitra, Professor, Computer Science & Engineering; Head, Centre for Computational and Data Sciences; Project Director, Artificial Intelligence for Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems
5. Dr. Manjunatha Mahadevappa, Professor, School of Medical Science & Technology, Prof.-in-Charge, Biomedical Instrumentation Lab., Former Chairman, GATE, IIT Kharagpur
6. Dr. Soumen Das, Professor & Head, School of Medical Science & Technology; Dean, Dr. B. C. Roy Multi-Speciality Medical Research Centre; Vice-Chairperson, CoE in Affordable Healthcare
7. Dr. Goutam Saha, Professor, Dept. of Electronics & ECE; Chairperson, CoE in Affordable Healthcare; Nodal Coordinator, ICMR CLiMB Biodesign Program; VSNL Chair Professor, Ex-IPR Chair Professor; Ex-Dean, R G School of Intellectual Property Law; Ex-Coordinator, IMPRINT-India Healthcare Domain
Prof. Goutam Saha
Chairperson of the Centre
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
IIT Kharagpur has been in the forefront of Healthcare R & D for many decades now in which, faculty members from many academic units are contributing in different ways. IIT Kharagpur was the coordinating institute of Healthcare domain for the National level initiative IMPRINT when it was launched by the Honourable Prime Minister from the Rashtrapati Bhavan in 2015. Before that, the institute launched the mega initiative, Signals and Systems for Life Sciences which was first of its kind to bring medical domain and engineering/science domain experts together. The new faculty of B C Roy Multispecialty Medical Research Centre at IIT Kharagpur bring these two domains even closer. Centre of Excellence in Affordable Healthcare is an affirmative action to meet a long standing aspiration of this institute to make humble contribution towards reducing the burden in healthcare sector through collective effort. We look forward to working together with our collaborators and translational partners to meet the unmet need in this sector.