The main focus of Dr. Deb's research group is in the following areas.
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (Cellular Manufacturing, Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Production Planning and Control, etc.)
- Computer-Aided Process Planning (Automatic Feature Recognition, Machining Setup and Fixture Planning, Assembly Sequence Planning, Planning for Layered Manufacturing, etc.)
- Robotics (Multi-finger Robot Grippers, Sensor guided Robotic Applications for Manufacturing, Climbing Robots, Self-reconfigurable Robots)
- Intelligent Manufacturing Systems
- Micromanufacturing Processes (Mechanical Micro-machining, Micro EDM)
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing techniques in Manufacturing.
Area of Research: Robotics
Area of Research: Computer Integrated Manufacturing
Sainul Islam Ansary
Area of Research: Development of sensor integrated multi-finger robot gripper
Area of Research: Micro machining
Area of Research: Robot vision
A V S S H Sravan Kumar
Area of Research: machining
Area of Research: Computer-Aided Process Planning