My research thrust areas covers the current national strategies for moving towards new technology development for success of “green and sustainable future”. My research encompasses new material synthesis for nanotechnology driven energy, catalytic, corrosion protection, improvement of interfacial strength between dissimilar materials (for example, metal-polymer bonding), light-weight composite materials, hybrid material fabrication by twin polymerization and water treatment aspects. Major research domains are:
- Polymer science, polymer chemistry, polymer engineering and rheology.
- Fabrication of wide variety of porous carbon with different nano-architectures.
- Exploring Inverse vulcanization method to obtain sulfur based copolymers with redox active functional crosslinkers.
- Elastomer based flexible-stretchable solid polymer electrolytes.
- Hybrid nanomaterials by twin polymerization
- Modification of interfaces by self-assembly approaches and chemical / physical modifications
- Water treatment
- In-situ spectroscopic investigation by x-ray spectroscopy and Raman spectroscopy.
Nanoporous Cathodes for High-energy Li-S Batteries from Gyroid Block Copolymer Templates by Choudhury S., Agrawal M. , Formanek P. , Jehnichen D. , Fischer D. , Krause B. , Albrecht V. , Stamm M. , Ionov L. ACS Nano 9 6147- (2015)
Hierarchical Porous Carbon Cathode for Lithium Sulfur Batteries Using Carbon Derived from Hybrid Materials Synthesized by Twin Polymerization by Choudhury S., Ebert T. , Windberg T. , Seifert A. , Goebel M. , Simon F. , Formanek P. , Stamm M. , Spange S. , Ionov L. Particle & Particle Systems Characterization 35 1800364- (2018)
Microporous Novolac-derived Carbon Beads / sulfur Hybrid Cathode for Lithium-sulfur Batteries by Choudhury S., Krüner B. , Massuti-ballester P. , Tolosa A. , Prehal C. , Grobelsek I. , Paris O. , Borchardt L. , Presser V. Journal of Power Sources 357 198- (2017)
Development of Flexible Cathodes for Li/S Batteries Via Catalytic Inverse Vulcanization ISIRD, SRIC
Development and Understanding of Solid State Li-S Batteries Combining Polarity Matched Flexible Sulfur Network Cathode and Polymerized Ionic Liquid as Solid Polymer Electrolyte Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
Design and Application of Mechanophoric Smart Polymers Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
Praveen Balaji T
Area of Research: Polymer Nanocomposites
Area of Research: Analysis and evaluation of properties on nano-structured polymer and its composites
Area of Research:
Area of Research: New polymers; design, properties and applications
Area of Research: Polymeric materials
Area of Research: Synthesis of new functional polymers and its applications