Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law (RGSOIPL) is the first of its kind law school to impart legal education with IP specialization within the IIT System bringing synergy among science, technology, management and law. The School offers a Six-Semester, Three-Year Full-Time residential programme leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Laws (Hons) in Intellectual Property Law approved by the Bar Council of India.
Curriculum of the Programme has been prepared based on the requirements of the Bar Council of India. In addition, several specialised courses in law and Intellectual Property Rights are offered
Eligibility for Admission to LL.B. (Hons) Degree in Intellectual Property Rights
First Class Bachelors Degree in Engineering / Technology / Medicine or equivalent.
First Class Masters Degree in Science or Pharmacy or equivalent.
First Class MBA Degree with any of the above
Admission will be a two-step process:
1)All India Entrance Examination/LSAT India/LSAT Global:
- All India Entrance test will be conducted simultaniously at the specified centres.
- Candidates who will be writing the LSAT-India 2014 are exempted from the above-mentioned All India written test. Such candidates will be shortlisted for the GD/PI on the basis of their percentile ranks in the LSAT-India 2014. The candidates must mention their LSAT-India Registration number clearly in the appropriate box in the On-Line Application Form for RGSOIPL, IIT Kharagpur. RGSOIPL, IIT Kharagpur will obtain LSAT-India scores directly from LSAT-India. More information on LSAT-India is available at www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia.
- Candidates with valid LSAT scores (on the global LSAT exam) are also exempted from the All India written test. Such candidates must provide their Law School Admission Council (LSAC) account number in the appropriate box while completing the On-Line Application Form. RGSOIPL, IIT Kharagpur will obtain LSAT scores directly from the LSAC. The LSAC account number is the letter "L" followed by 8 digits. If you have forgotten your LSAC account number, please contact LSAC directly at 001.215.968.1393 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1.215.968.1393 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or Support@LSAC.org
2)GD/PL:Qualified candidates from the entrance test, will be called for GD/PI. GD/PI will be conducted at IIT Extension Center, HC Block, Sector - III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata - 700106.
The final list of qualified candidates based on written test and GD/PI will be made.
Application Forms 2014 (Click here to Apply Online)
The hard copy of the filled in online form must accompany a draft of Rs.1000/- for General / OBC category or Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH category, as application fees, drawn in favour of "IIT Kharagpur " payable at Kharagpur and should be sent to the Dean, Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law , Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-721302. Women candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. The cover should be clearly marked as LL.B. 2014 Admissions.
General Instructions to candidates for LL.B 2014 admission
|Availability of Application forms online ||December 1, 2013
|Last date to submit Online application forms ||March 1, 2014
|Last Date of Accepting Hard Copy ||March 10, 2014
|Date of entrance examination ||April 13, 2014
|GD/PI ||May 10&11, 2014 at IIT Extension Center, HC Block, Sector - III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata - 700106
Entrance Examination Centres
- Examination time on 30th April: 11 AM to 1 PM.
- Interview 10th and 11th May, 2014 at 10 AM.
- Reporting to the center and interview venue: 1 hr. before the time specified above.
- At the time of entrance, candidates must carry hard copy of the admit card along with other identification documents such as university ID card/driving icense/passport/PAN Card/Aadhar card (Any two minimum).
- At the time of interview the candidate must carry photocopy of all certificates from 10th standard to qualifying degree along with recent passport size photograph and all
original mark sheets for verification.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved/physically challenged categories must carry supporting document as proof.
- Any Electronic gadgets including mobiles, iPads/laptops are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Please refer to the Question paper pattern for necessary details regarding the written examination. In addition, note that there is no negative marking in the written test.
- In case of any difficulty you may call Mr. N.G.Pal at 03222-282237 or contact at email@example.com
Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata and Bombay
Question Paper Pattern
For details contact:
- English - 40 marks.
- Logical Reasoning - 20 marks
- Mathematical Ability - 15 marks
- Basic Science(Chemistry, Physics, Life Science) - 35 marks
- Legal Aptitude - 60 marks
- Essay - 30 marks
Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
Indian Institute of Technology
Phone: +91 - 3222 - 282237
FAX: +91 - 3222 - 282238