Just a two-hour drive from Kolkata, in a state-of-the-art campus set amidst sprawling acres of lush verdure, a confluence of the greatest minds.
For all who come in contact with IIT Kharagpur, the Institute not merely represents an institution of academic and research excellence, but also symbolizes a greater vision and a life experience. So is it for our faculty members.
As one of the most respected and valued members of the IIT KGP family, you get a chance not only to work with the best of students, faculty and facilities, but also to align your goals with the needs of the country, thus becoming an inalienable part of the making of India's future!
We have initiated an aggressive recruitment process through which we screen quality applications and provide appointments as soon as possible.
Special efforts are made to identify and induct brilliant members from industry and academia within the country and from abroad.
To facilitate, support and acknowledge the contributions, skills and professional activities of its faculty members and to aid the process of professional induction, the Institute offers:
- An Innovative Research Grant under the Institute Scheme for Innovative Research and Development (ISIRD) to new faculty members, up to a maximum of Rs. 25 Lakh for equipment and infrastructure
- An additional Rs. 3 Lakh for consumables, contingency and travel. Additionally, a number of Research Challenge grants are available.
- A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of Rs. 3 Lakh for every block period of 3 years (Rupees one lakh per year) to every member of the faculty on reimbursable basis, to meet the expenses for participating in both national and international conferences, paying the membership fee of various professional bodies and contingent expenses
- For attending conferences abroad, an additional amount of Rs. 50,000 to a faculty member, who is a Principal Investigator of a Sponsored Project amounting to at least Rs 15 Lakh and has at least three Published Papers in referred journals in the preceding three years
- An interest-free soft advance of Rs. 50,000 to all newly recruited faculty members
- An honorarium of Rs. 15,000 per month to the faculty members who have been awarded the S.S. Bhatnagar Prize OR who are fellows of at least two National Academies
- Reimbursement of relocation charges within India/abroad of up to Rs. 90,000 is made for faculty members at the time of their joining.
- Suitable residential accommodation on campus is provided to all faculty members, in accordance with the rules of the Institute.
- Faculty members and staff can choose from four schools affiliated to different boards within the campus for their children. There are also a number of schools outside but in the close vicinity of the campus.
- All faculty members can avail medical facilities for self and other dependent family members in the B C Roy Technology Hospital within the campus and for referrals to Specialty Hospitals as per IIT Kharagpur rules.