Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF)
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is an Institute of national importance and is the first and the largest in the chain of IITs engaged in teaching, research and development. The Institute invites applications from eligible Indian and foreign nationals, possessing excellent academic background, for carrying out advanced research and related activities as a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the following Departments/Centres/Schools:
Departments: i) Aerospace Engineering; ii) Agricultural and Food Engineering; iii) Architecture and Regional Planning; iv) Biotechnology; v) Chemical Engineering; vi) Chemistry; vii) Civil Engineering; viii) Computer Science and Engineering; ix) Electrical Engineering; x) Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering; xi) Geology and Geophysics; xii) Humanities and Social Sciences; xiii) Industrial and Systems Engineering; xiv) Mathematics; xv) Mechanical Engineering; xvi) Metallurgical and Materials Engineering; xvii) Mining Engineering; xviii) Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture; xix) Physics.
Centres: i) Advanced Technology Development; i i ) Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences; iii) Computational and Data Sciences; iv) Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence; v ) Centre of Excellence for Indian Knowledge Systems; vi) Cryogenic Engineering; vii) Rekhi Centre of Excellence for the Science of Happiness; viii) Deysarkar Centre of Excellence in Petroleum Engineering; ix) Materials Science; x) Rubber Technology; xi) Centre for Rural Development and Innovative Sustainable Technology; xii) P K Sinha Centre For Bioenergy and Renewables xiii) Centre of Excellence on Safety Engineering & Analytics (COE-SEA).
Schools: i) Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law; ii) Subir Chowdhury School of Quality and Reliability iii) School of Nano-Science and Technology. iv) Bio Science; v) Energy Science and Engineering; vi) Environmental Science and Engineering; vii) G.S. Sanyal School of Telecommunication; viii) Rajendra Mishra School of Engineering Entrepreneurship; ix) Ranbir and Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure Design and Management; x) School of Medical Science and Technology; ix) School of Water Resources; xii) Vinod Gupta School of Management.
Qualifications: Ph.D.with first class or equivalent in the preceding degree in appropriate branch. At least two publications in SCI Journals based on the PhD work.
How to apply:
Interested candidates may apply online through ERP (https://erp.iitkgp.ac.in/Jobs/auth/apps.htm) for relevant / Department/ School/ Centre.
- Based on the performance in interview and other academic credentials the selected candidates may be placed in one of the following levels with a probable annual increment of Rs. 10,000/-(Rupees ten thousand only) along with upgradation to next level, subject to satisfactory performance review after every year.
Fellowship Amount (INR)
- Tenure: The Post-Doctoral Fellowship may be awarded for a period up to 3 years, subject to performance- based recommendation on a yearly basis.
- ACCOMMODATION: The Fellows will be provided accommodation in the Campus subject to availability, and on payment of usual license fee etc. as applicable. HRA as per approved rates will be paid if accommodation is not provided /available.
- Academic reimbursements and other incentives: Financial assistance for attending conferences ( India/Abroad) will be provided as per the Institute rules.
- OTHER INFORMATION
- Degree as referred above should have been awarded by a recognized Indian/ Foreign University/Institute.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection / interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for interview after short-listing based on the candidate’s qualifications, suitability, experience, requirement, and prevailing policy of the Institute.
- The candidates should be below 32 years of age at the time of application.
- Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates is applicable as per GoI norms. (SC/ST-5 years, OBC-3 years, PwD-5 years)
- Fresh PhD degree recipients from IIT Kharagpur are discouraged to apply.
- Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
- Any dispute with regard to selection/recruitment process will be subject to Courts/Tribunal shaving jurisdiction over Kolkata.
For other details please contact Assistant Registrar (PGS&R), Phone: +91-3222-282050/75, +91- 3222-281076, Fax: +91-3222-282020, Email: email@example.com
If any problem is encountered with the online application, please contact through phone: +91-3222- 281017/19. Candidates may also contact the Heads of the Departments/Centres/Schools. Their contact details are available in the Institute webpage. The last date for applying is December 31, 2022.
- POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP (PDF) - Advertisement for the next session will appear soon